Best Books For Competitive Exams
If you are preparing for any competitive exams and find some best books for Logical Reasoning, Maths, English, GK and Current Affairs in Hindi /English.
Check Out this list of best and popular books Competitive Exams
Verbal, Non Verbal, and Analytical Reasoning Best Books for Competitive Exams
A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (2 Colour Edition)
This revised edition of A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning, while retaining the key strengths and structure of the previous edition, brings to the readers additional questions from various competitive examinations as per the latest pattern and trends. A section on recent questions (based on memory) and their answers/solutions from different competitive examinations like SSC, SBI-CGL Tier I, AFCAT, SBI (PO), RBI Grade B, etc. has been added.
The book carefully guides the candidates through faster, shorter and intelligent paths to take up the study both parts of the book, namely, Verbal, and Non-Verbal:
(a) By suitably arranging the questions based on the latest examination patterns.
(b) By providing a huge number of questions for practice, with solutions that can teach one the right approach towards solving them.
(c) By providing solved examples with full explanation to bring out the essence of each topic
Magical Book Series: Analytical Reasoning - New Fully Revised and Updated
Analytical reasoning or logical reasoning is now a prominent feature of almost every competitive exam. It was the need of the hour to publish a book on this subject. This was and still remains the first and only book on analytical reasoning. In India there are very few books available that treat reasoning as a subject. In nearly all the books, we find only a collection of questions and their answers. This is the first and only book that attempts to build Concepts of reasoning before coming to questions. The book gives crystal-clear concepts of all topics. In addition quicker techniques are given wherever possible. This would mean that students who read this book (i) will have the ABILITY to solve questions of reasoning (ii) IN TIME. This is what makes this book magical. The book covers every type and variation of the questions that are asked in today’s competitive exams. Eight new chapters have now been added to include some latest trends and topics. Such an exhaustive and complete collection of questions is not available in any single book published in India
Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations | Useful for Bank PO/Clerk, IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC-CGL | First Edition | By Pearson
Numerous examinations for government vacancies put extra weight on segments that test an aspirant’s verbal and non-verbal reasoning skills. More an aspirant is proficient in this subject, the more he/she will be able to think out-of-the-box and apply knowledge to real-time problems. This book is a one-stop solution for the reasoning section that appears in the majority of competitive examinations, such as Bank PO/ Clerk – IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC-CGL , UPSC, LIC (AAO) and Railways (RRB), etc.
- Useful for all vacancy based examinations
- Over 2500 questions for practice
- Includes questions from last 23 years’ various papers
- Provides 3 mock tests to examine exam readiness
A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal
1. The Guide helps aspirants to master the “Tricks of the Trades” for analytical reasoning and logical reasoning comprehensively
2. The book has been divided into 3 Sections; Verbal, Analytical and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
3. Two Leveled Exercises have been given for practice.
4. More than 2000 Previous Years’ Questions of different competitive examinations
5. Contains papers of MAT and other MBA entrances, Bank PO, Clerk, SSC, LIC, RBI, RRB, etc
6. Authentic and detailed solutions have been covered in the exercises.
Reasoning is equally weighed section in any competitive examination. Reasoning tests the thinking power and mind applicability skills of the candidates. The questions on reasoning asked in various competitive examinations are not easy to solve without having enough practice. The revised edition of A New Approach to Reasoning will help candidates master the “Tricks of the Trade” as it covers all the three types of reasoning very much comprehensively.
Master Reasoning Book Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical
Over 2500 objective questions. Useful for SSC, CSAT, Bank PO, DSSSB, Railways and other competetive Exams.
An editorial team of highly skilled professionals at Arihant, works hand in glove to ensure that the students receive the best and accurate content through our books. From inception till the book comes out from print, the whole team comprising of authors.
Best Quantitative Aptitude Books for Competitive Exams
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R S Aggarwal is an aptitude book for competitive exam aspirants since 1989. The book covers almost all the important topics on mathematics and aptitude including; Arithmetical Ability, Data Interpretations, Bar/Line Graphs, Pie Chart and other topics important for various competitive exams including UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking/IBPS, MBA, GATE, Defence & other exams.
• Comprehensive: The book is more comprehensive than ever before with more than 5500 questions (supported with answers and solutions—a hallmark of Quantitative Aptitude).
• Easy to follow: Chapters begin with easy-to-grasp theory complemented by formulas and solved examples. They are followed by a wide-ranging number of questions for practice.
• Latest & Updated: With questions (memory based) from examinations up till year 2016, the book captures the latest examination patterns as well as questions for practice.
How to Prepare for QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE for CAT | 9th Edition
Presenting the latest edition of Quantitative Aptitude for CAT Book by Arun Sharma, With CAT Practice tests on Pull Marks. Now with these CAT Practice Tests, you can practice and track your proficiency level, and improvise to master the concepts. The 9th edition of Quantitative Aptitude has been developed as per the latest trend and pattern of the CAT examination. This book is a one-stop solution for CAT and MBA examinations aspirants to excel in the Quantitative Aptitude section of all key management entrance examinations. It also contains the best advisory for each and every type of questions asked in the competitive examinations.
• Comprehensive solutions (wherever relevant) to questions in all levels of difficulties (LODs) of all chapters
• Additional block-wise tests providing practice for all probable question types
• New additional exercises on relevant concepts for comprehensive practice
• Taste of the Exams within each block covering previous years’ CAT questions from last two decades to 2019
• Questions without options in relevant chapters keeping with the latest trends in CAT examination
The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
This edition has been designed to enhance students’ knowledge of quantitative aptitude and equip them with the skills that will enable them to succeed in any competitive examination. It presents concepts in a lucid and unambiguous manner. Each chapter contains definitions and explanations of fundamental principles on all major sections of QA, which are further augmented with illustrative examples to enable students to learn and recall faster. It also includes completely worked-out solutions to a large range of problems along with fully solved previous years’ questions from various competitive examinations.
Teach Yourself Quantitative Aptitude: Useful for all competitive examinations
This book emphasizes on how to tackle the Teach Yourself Quantitative Aptitude section of the Bank PO, SSC and other aptitude examinations with ease. It gives clear guidance on how to attempt the various types of questions along with tips and tricks that help save time. This book is a must-have for aspirants appearing for any and all aptitude-based entrance examinations – it also includes the latest pattern of questions that are asked in the examinations. Salient Features: ✔Inclusion of learning objectives for the reader –making learning convenient, structured, and more effective ✔New Chapter ‘Algebra’ has been added ✔The questions are designed as per the level of difficulty (Tough, Moderate & Simple) ✔Concepts in each chapter have been modified and updated according to the latest examination pattern. ✔Most of the problems have been solved using tricks & tips, that helps candidate save time while solving problems during examination ✔The questions of Current Competitive Exams have been replaced with the old ones
Best English Books for Competitive Exams
English for Competitive Examinations (Includes Descriptive and Objective Tests)
For the first time ever Wren & Martin is available in a new Avatar that will help aspirants succeed in English for all important competitive examinations that are held in India throughout the year! Yes, for the first time such authoritative content is available for both ‘descriptive’ and ‘objective’ portions between the covers.
• SSC-CGL – Tier I & Tier-II, SSC CSHL Exams, MTS, CAPF, Stenographers, FCI, CPO, JE
• IBPS CRP Exams – PO, SO, RRB, Clerk, SBI, RBI, NABARD etc
• Insurance Exams – LIC, GIC, NICL etc.
• UPSC Civil Services, IFS, CDS, NDA, Engineering Services
• Other UPSC Exams – SCRA, CISF, EPFO, IES/ISS, CASF, CISF-ASI
• State Civil Services Exams
• Other Entrance Examinations – CLAT, NCHMCT-JEE, GATE
• Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
• DMRC Recruitment Tests
• DSSSB UGC-NET/SLET
• MBA Entrance Exams – MAT, SNAP, CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT, IRMA and so on
• Exams (PGT/TGT/PRT/Nursery Teacher)
Objective General English
1. ‘Objective General English’ help in revising & preparing the concepts of English of many competitive exams
2. It is divided into four parts; Part A: Foundation Module, Part B: Verbal Ability, Part C and Part D:Practical Grammar
3. This book thoroughly covers the General English section asked in a number of examinations
4. Preparation booster for various competitive examinations like Bank, NDA, CDS, SSC, MBA, MCA,UPSC, B.Ed. Exams, etc
The General English section is asked in almost every competitive examination like NDA, CDS, SSC (CGL,MTS, LDC), Bank (PO & Clerk), Hotel Management, MBA, MCA, UPSC, Bed Exams, etc. It is important to know the concepts of General English to clear any competitive examination as well as to communicate with ease in this fast modernizing world.
Complete General English Book For All Government & Competitive Exams (Objective Questions Focused) 2021
KEY FEATURES OF THE BOOK
1. English Rato nahi sikho. English explained in hindi-english text. 2. Covers all english grammar rules. 3. Chapter-wise theory, questions and solutions
1. Noun 2. Pronoun 3. Verb & Subject Verb Agreement 4. Adjective 5. Adverb 6. Prepositions 7. Conjunction 8. Interjection 9. Article 10. Non Finite Verb (Infinitive, Gerund and Participle) 11. Error of Auxiliary Verb 12. Time and Tense 13. Question Tag 14. Transformation of Sentences 15. Voice 16. Narration 17. Sentence Completion 18. Sentence Improvement 19. Rearrangement of Jumbled Words/Sentences 20. Spelling Test 21. Cloze Passage 22. Comprehension Passage 23. Synonyms and Antonyms 24. Idioms and Phrases 25. One Word-Substitution 26. Confusable Words (Homonyms & Paronyms) 27. Superfluous Expressions and Slang 28. Words used as Difference Parts of Speech 29. Important Words 30. Contractions 31. Collocations 32. Punctuation 33. Figures of Speech 34. Irregular Verbs 35. Miscellaneous
Best Books for Polity & Constitution for Competitive Exams
Objective Indian Polity: General Studies - Paper I
This book is recommended for those who are preparing for UPSC and other competitive examinations. It covers various chapters based on constitution and political system of India. It includes some of the really important questions that are framed from each topic in the book. This is to give the reader a clear idea on how upcoming UPSC polity question paper would be.
With thorough explanation on each topic, the book provides a better and simplified way to help the candidates learn more about political background as well as current political system of India. Covering latest syllabus of Indian Polity in the Civil Services Prelimainary examination, the book contains freshly framed, sourced and edited set of questions.
The book has been divided into different chapters such as constitutional framework, system of government, central government, state government, local government, union territories and special areas, constitutional bodies, non-constitutional bodies, other constitutional dimensions, political dynamics, and working of the constitution.
In addition, model test papers are included at the end to help the candidates self-access their knowledge and performance.
Indian Polity - For Civil Services and Other State Examinations | 6th Edition
The book “Indian Polity”, 6th edition is a must-read for the aspirants appearing for the Civil Services Examinations as well as the other state Services Examinations. It is conceived to cater to the requirements of not just students appearing for competitive examinations but also postgraduates, research scholars, academics and General readers who are interested in the country political, Civil and constitutional issues. The extant chapters have been thoroughly revised and updated as per the recent developments.<Salient features:
✔ 80 chapters and 16 appendices covering the entire Indian political and constitutional spectrum
✔ chapters rearranged as per the latest pattern of the examination
✔ coverage on the recent developments in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, constitutional interpretation, judicial review and judicial activism
✔ updated previous years’ questions and revised practice questions for both Preliminary and Mains Examinations
✔ one-stop reference for the Civil Services aspirants, students of law, political Science and public Administration
Best Books for CLAT/DULLB
Complete CLAT UG Exam Preparation Book 2021 For UnderGraduate Programmes | 8 Full-length Mock Tests [Solved] + 15 Sectional Tests + 3 Previous Year Paper | By EduGorilla
Accomplish your dream Law Career through the Undergraduate Programme (UG) in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) Exam 2021. •Prepare with CLAT UG Exam Preparation Book 2021 by EduGorilla constituting 8 Mock Tests, 15 sectional tests, and 3 Previous Year Question papers with solutions for the thorough practice of the student. •CLAT UG Exam Practice Book 2021 is best for Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) Entrance preparation as it gives explanatory solutions to all the questions for a better understanding of the topics. •EduGorilla’s CLAT UG Exam Preparation Book 2021 comes with Smart Answer Sheets reflecting the Success Rate of Students in all the Questions. •Model questions tailor-made by the Experts of fields to give the student a real-time experience of the CLAT UG Entrance Exam. •EduGorilla’s CLAT UG Exam Preparation Book for 2021 helps students understand the legal reasoning section with the help of the explained solutions and sectional questions. •Preparation Book for CLAT UG Exam 2021 is made with determining all the latest syllabus and guidelines by the Consortium of National Law Universities. Why EduGorilla? •Holistic Exam Preparation •Well-Researched Content •Most Expected Questions in the Examination •Well-Structured & Detailed Solutions •Also provides Online Test Series and Mock Interviews •The Trust of 2 Crore+ Students and Teachers
Universal's Guide to CLAT and LLB Entrance Examination - 31st Edition 2021-2022
Universal’s guide to CLAT & allb. Examination is a comprehensive and indispensable work catering to the need of the various candidates appearing for law entrance examinations conducted by various law universities. It provides for multiple choice questions and exhaustive theory on every subject forming the part of the syllabus of the examination. It lists down the questions that have been asked in the previous year examinations and as well as other multiple-choice questions. It is an indispensable and useful guide for the students preparing for such examination. Key features a comprehensive and updated book providing exhaustive theory alongside the multiple-choice questions. The theory has been updated and revised in accordance with the recent legislative changes, landmark judgements that have taken place post the publication of the last edition. Exhaustive coverage of the previous year questions. The questions have been modified as per the changes or developments taken place. Mapped and in accordance with the syllabus of all major law examinations The book is structured in accordance with the pattern of questions generally asked in the examination. New to this edition the theory portion has been updated and revised as per the legislative changes and development that have taken place. The questions asked in the recent competitive examinations have been added at relevant places the obsolete and redundant content has been removed the syllabus is mapped and modified as per the syllabus followed in the major law entrance examinations. Incorporates relevant statutory changes or development in the law made post the publication of the last edition.